The Role in Brief:
MARKETview Education Technology is seeking driven data engineering developers to join us as we build and manage the data infrastructure necessary to make higher education a more data-informed industry. These individuals will be critical contributors to a fast-growing, early-stage education technology business and will have the unique benefit of joining a supportive team of experienced professionals on the ground level.
Individuals will support and maintain complex data storage systems and will be responsible for all aspects of development, performance tuning, and monitoring.
- Leverage analytic and technical skills to support ingestion and normalization of data from colleges and universities, ultimately making large and complex data sets more usable for our campus partners
- Support the data and analytics team with client onboarding
- Support ETL processes to load data to Azure SQL and Azure Data Lake utilizing standard Microsoft tools
- Utilize SQL Data Tools and python to build ETL processes and solutions
- Ensure data quality and security using best-in-class business intelligence tools and technology
- Create technical documentation for databases to assist other team members in client communications
- Collaborate with the data and analytics team as well as the client service team in support of our partners
- Uphold the highest standards for data quality and integrity
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or related field or a database certification
- Exposure to Microsoft Azure cloud computing platforms including Azure Data Factory (ADF), Databricks, Function Apps, and SQL
- Exposure to programmatic languages for data manipulation such as python
- Understanding of both structured and unstructured data storage
- Proven ability to test and troubleshoot to solve complex technical problems
- Impressive interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks appropriately
- Exposure to working with large databases and developing data warehouses
- Exposure to designing and developing dimensional models
- Understanding of programmatic languages such as python for managing complex data
- Microsoft developer certifications
Why MARKETview Education Partners?
The MARKETview team is united by a common passion to increase higher education access while improving the performance of colleges and universities and the educational outcomes for students and families. This is the spirit that drives every client partner relationship, as we serve the mission of each with an unwavering commitment to their goals and success. We are looking for equally passionate team members with a similar disposition and willingness to put the success of others – partners and teammates – before their own. If this is you, you’ll fit right in.
Job Type: Full-time, on-site
Location: Richmond, VA
MARKETview Education Technology is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees and do not discriminate on the basis of any status protected under federal, state, or local law.