The Role in Brief
MARKETview Education Partners is seeking bright, talented and motivated individuals to join our data and analytics team. These individuals will be critical contributors to a fast-growing, early-stage education technology business and will have the unique benefit of joining a supportive team of experienced professionals on the ground level.
Individual will serve colleges and universities with data analytics and business intelligence that help them better understand their position and control their destiny in a rapidly changing higher education marketplace.
- Leverage analytic and technical skills to enable ingestion and normalization of data from colleges and universities, ultimately making large and complex data sets more usable for our campus partners
- Manage client data relationships to ensure data sets are consistently structured, timely, and facilitate value creating analysis
- Exercise intellectual curiosity by mining data sets to find meaningful patterns and trends in the data—both for individual institutions and across campuses
- Ensure data quality and security using best-in-class business intelligence tools and technology
- Contribute to the product roadmap and subsequent enhancements and development
- Collaborate with Principals to provide campus leadership with objective knowledge and actionable insights that will lead to better decision making
- And, generally, grow and develop analytical and visualization skills in new and meaningful ways that contribute to a better, more educated society
- Bachelor’s degree or certification, preferably in a data-related field such as math, statistics or computer science
- Impressive written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with large amounts of data
- Structured and/or unstructured data analysis experience
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to learn and experiment with different data technologies
- Ability to use data to develop compelling narratives
- Strong quantitative skills including understanding of statistics
- ETL and data warehouse management
- Back-end database programming using coding languages such as SQL
- Familiarity with data visualization software such as PowerBI
- Experience working in higher education
Why MARKETview Education Partners?
The MARKETview team is united by a common passion to increase higher education access while improving the performance of colleges and universities and the educational outcomes for students and families. This is the spirit that drives every client partner relationship, as we serve the mission of each with an unwavering commitment to their goals and success. We are looking for equally passionate team members with a similar disposition and willingness to put the success of others – partners and teammates – before their own. If this is you, you’ll fit right in.
Job Type: Full-time, on-site
Location: Richmond, VA
MARKETview is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees and do not discriminate on the basis of any status protected under federal, state, or local law.