Want to bring to market a new way of doing business for college and university leaders? Want to play a vital role in the success of students and higher education institutions? Do you thrive in ‘lean-in’ environments that empower creativity, resilience, learning, and iterating?
If yes, then please apply now to join our team as a Director of Business Development.
The Role in Brief:
The MARKETview team seeks a results-driven professional who will play a pivotal role in our innovative, fast-growing ed-tech organization.
This individual will develop meaningful relationships with higher education leaders, including Presidents, Provosts, and Vice Presidents, to serve them and their students. The ideal candidate will be an exceptional listener and communicator motivated by helping clients achieve their goals.
The Director of Business Development will be responsible for managing the totality of the sales process from lead generation to conversion to relationship cultivation to procurement through collaboration with the Client Service team to ensure the success of our partners. This role will work hand-in-hand with the company’ Founders to develop and scale the business development playbook and will be a crucial piece of business growth and strategy.
There is a strong preference for this individual to be based in Richmond, VA.
- Develop meaningful and successful relationships with higher education leaders with an emphasis on active listening and problem solving
- Humbly and curiously engage prospects with a desire to understand their unique objectives
- Conduct product demonstrations as needed, highlighting the key features and benefits in support of customer goals
- Partner with leadership to establish optimal client development processes
- Effectively communicate across all departments within colleges and universities and persuasively engage campus leadership
- Meet and exceed annual growth goals through actively managing all aspects of the procurement process and leveraging the collective talents and experience of the MARKETview team
- Collaborate with internal marketing and client service teams to drive additional revenue and enhance client success
- Serve as the ‘voice of the market,’ collect feedback, and effectively communicate with the product development team to enhance innovation and iteration of MARKETview
- Partner with the Founding Partners of MARKETview to continually enhance MARKETview’s value proposition and ROI delivery
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-10 years of experience in business development, sales, consulting, teaching, higher education admissions, or another relevant field
- Proven success meeting and exceeding growth objectives
- High level of emotional intelligence and ability to communicate data and solutions clearly and compellingly
- Ability to learn the higher education industry and effectively articulate how MARKETview addresses pertinent challenges and opportunities
- Desire to learn from colleagues, clients, and prospective partners
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and with a problem-solving mindset
- Expertise in presenting to executives and facilitating persuasive discussions
- Experience leveraging a CRM, generating qualified leads, and initiating successful relationships
- Higher education experience, specifically in enrollment management, admissions, academic affairs, student affairs, and/or advancement
- Consultative, B2B sales experience
- Experience navigating long-term, relationship-based sales cycles
- High degree of executive presence and comfort communicating with C-Level executives
- Experience teaching and/or consulting with C-Suite/Director level stakeholders
Why MARKETview Education Partners?
At MARKETview Education Partners, we learn from and inspire one another daily. We roll up our sleeves together to tackle whatever needs to get accomplished. We don’t get caught up in org charts or job titles. No task is too big or too small for anyone here. While a shared passion for education unites us, our sense of collaboration—both with our colleagues and partners— propels us forward. We are looking for equally passionate team members who not only think outside of the box but are willing to eliminate the box. If this is you, you’ll fit right in.
MARKETview Education Partners is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees and do not discriminate based on any status protected under federal, state, or local law.